As a Civil Marriage Celebrant authorised by the Australian Government to conduct marriage ceremonies in Australia , I am required to advise marrying couples of the free range of government services now available to them.
A number of Family Relationship Centres have been established throughout Australia , with many more to be established in the near future.
For more information call the Family Relationship Advice Line on 1800 050 321 or visit Family Relationships Online at www.familyrelationships.gov.au
MY TWELVE TIPS FOR A GREAT
- Talk to each other. Your partner cannot read your mind,
no matter how much they love you. Be clear about what you want to say and listen carefully
to your partner.
- Spend time together. Love is time, the time
you invest in each other. Make your relationship a priority.
- Balance the time
you spend at work with the time you spend working on your relationship.
- To feel good about your relationship you need to feel
good about yourself. Work on it.
- Make room in your relationship for differences and
value those differences.
- Relationships are flexible. Let yours grow and adapt
- Set goals for your relationship and plan for your
future life together.
- Try not to judge, criticise, or blame each other. After
all, were only human.
- No one is perfect, arguments happen, resolve them with
- Be sexually considerate of each other. Be affectionate
and have fun. Remember your sex drives may be different.
- Be attentive and romantic. Remember how it was when you
first met. Keep the hugs, flowers, chocolates and love letters coming.
- Express and demonstrate your commitment to the
relationship. Have fun and regularly celebrate the things you enjoy in your life together.